Demo - creating your first process flow💪🏼
updated about 1 month ago
Let's create your first workflow in PROCESIO.
Scenario: we will create a flow which can be very useful in any HR Department. Every time a new hire comes in, HR representative shall simply run this process that will send an "Welcome" email. The email template is personalized with new hire's name, email address.
You can take this use case and take it to a new level by adding all standard documentation that your company is normally sending for onboarding. Usually several people must perform manual tasks, to get this documentation sent to the new hire. Now, with one click, everything can be done in seconds.
This will be a basic use case, just to get you familiarised with PROCESIO, but imagine how many processes or tasks you can automate with PROCESIO. In order to use the Procesio platform you will need to login using your credentials on https://procesio.app/.
Before you get started:
You will need the following items to complete the suggested process:
- Credentials Manager: Email server configuration for Gmail
- Process Designer: blank canvas where you will build the flow
- Process Variables: allows you to pass dynamic data (new hire's name, email address) every time the process is run
Let's build this process!
This process flow uses the following actions:
- Start & Stop - by default on canvas
- Send Email
The process flow created will look like this:
1. Create email server configuration: for this demo we have created a connection to a Gmail server; check GMail documentation.
You can create also create and use a connection to any email outgoing server (check Yahoo or SendGrid connection documentation).
Go to Credentials Manager section and click on "Add New" button. This will take you to the "Basic Info" step of the configuration. Fill in the inputs like below:
Click "Next step" to take you to the last step of the configuration, i.e. "Details". See below how the email server configuration for sending out emails from Gmail account is configured (add your Gmail username & password):
You can "Test connection" to see if you completed the setting correctly. If the test is successful, click Save to save this configuration.
2. Create a new process: Go to Process Designer section and click on "Create New" button. This will take you to the canvas where you will build the flow.
3. Creating process variables: as mentioned at the beginning, we want to automate this process and make it pass dynamic data for every new hire. Thus, we need to create some process variables within our process flow, which will act as data placeholders while designing the flow. At runtime, they will take new values.
Go to Process Variables (x) in Topbar to start creating the variables needed for this process. Click "Add Variable". You need to define 2 variables as follows:
4. Drag "Send email" action on canvas and connect it to Start and Stop. Click on it to open the Properties Panel to configure the action settings:
You can change the action name from Send email into Welcome employee.
Select email server configuration created in step 1.
Click "Send Email (not configured). This will open the configuration panel:
- From: fill in any display name you want your receivers to see in Inbox;
- To: add "newemployeeemailaddress" process variable
To open the variables selector in Body and add process variables to your message: press Insert key (for Windows) or Shift+Tab (for MacOS)
- Subject: Welcome to PROCESIO, "newemployeename" process variable
- Body: type your message or add a HTML email body; we added a HTML email template; you can add process variables here too; e.g. << Welcome, "newemployeename" process variable >>;
- Body is HTML: mark yes, if applicable
- Save changes
5. Save the process; you will received a confirmation message
6. Validate the process; you will receive a confirmation message
7. Run the process: once process validated, you can press the "Run" button.
8. A dialog will pop-up every time you run the process requiring values for the inputs defined at process level:
Once you give values to the inputs, hit "Run. When process completes, you are notified.
Click on check instances to see the status:
In Instance Details you can see that the process completed successfully, and also the input values for this instance.
Check inbox to see how the values filled in as inputs for the process are now populating dynamically the subject, email address and email template:
Congrats! You have just created your first process flow in PROCESIO!
If you encountered any issues while creating this first process flow, please let us know as we are all growing together.