updated 16 days ago
Sometimes you will need to send an email from a printer, scanner or app using a SMTP relay service. Google provides such a service for free and you can easily add it to your flow to easily increase functionality.
Before we begin you must first configure your Google account:
- From the Google Apps menu, navigate to your Google Account.
- From the Security tab turn On Less secure app access.
Create the connection between PROCESIO and your Gmail account:
- Navigate to the Credentials Manager section.
- Select the Add New button from the upper right corner.
- Give a Name to the newly created connection, select SMTP Server Configuration from the Credential Type dropdown and optionally add the Description.
- Select the Next step button.
- Enter the GMail connection data as shown in the screenshot.
- When you click the Test connection button PROCESIO will test the connection and give the Successfully tested! message.
- Save the connection.
- Create a project using your newly created connection.
- After creating the flow using the drag and drop functionality you can give the Send Email Action a name, description and from the Select SMTP Server dropdown select the connection created at step 6.
- In the Send Email screen enter the From(display name), To, Cc, Bcc, Subject and Body information and click Save.
- If the Body will use HTML tags you will need to check Body is HTML.
- From the upper right corner you can Save, Validate and Run the Project.