Prerequisites and Environment setup
updated 23 days ago
Connect to your GitHub account
The is stored on Github and in order to have access to it you will need a account.
- Github account
- Visual Studio 2019 (or above, the community version will suffice) or any compatible editor.
- Navigate to the Github registration page and create an account.
- Create your Personal SSH Key
- After you login
- select Settings from the upper right dropdown
- click Developer settings > Developer settings > Personal access tokens > Generate New Token
- select No Expiration as the Expiration type
- Make sure that read:packages option is selected
- Click the Generate token button
- Make sure to copy your personal access token now. You won’t be able to see it again!
- Open Visual Studio.
- From the Visual Studio Ribbon select Settings from the Git dropdown and add your Github account sign in information.
- When you will be prompted to add the password use the token generated at the previous section.
Add the nuget
Procesio has created and published the to assist you with the creation of custom actions. In order for you to use it you will need to follow these steps:
- Download nuget.exe, at the moment of the writing this article I used .
- Add the folder where you placed nuget.exe to your PATH environment variable to use the CLI tool from anywhere
- Click the Windows button
- Type Edit the System Environment Variables and select the program displayed
- Click Environment Variables
- In the System variables select Path and click New and add the path to the nugget.exe fille
- Add the PROCESIO Nuget source from the command line by running the following the command from command line (in admin mode to be sure it will be processed), for the password you will need to use the token created at step 2 in the Connect to your GitHub account guide: