The Configure Response Panel is where the webhook body can be configured and it is divided in 2 section, Handshake Response Body and Custom Response Body:
This section is designed to help validating the webhook response. When the webhook is created, the Handshake response body can be configured to return the specific payload that the third-party app is expecting.
- Create a new webhook.
- Copy the unique webhook URL in the webhook configuration in external app.
- Open the Configure Response panel and expand the Handshake Response Body section:
Static response (JSON):
This section is designed to return a custom response when the webhook is assigned to a process. I
- Create a webhook and trigger it to get the Data Models Structure:
- Open the Configure Response panel and expand the Custom Response Body.
- Configure the Custom Response:
- Save the webhook.
- Create a process.
- Open the webhook pannel and assign the webhook to the process:
- After the webhook is assign, open the Custom Response panel and here you can set as custom response an attribute from the webhook data model or a variable from the process:
- Select a variable or an attribute and trigger the webhook from the third-party app. This will start the process and return the Custom response: