Prerequisites and Environment setup
The Ringhel.Procesio.Action.Core package is stored on Github and in order to have access to it you will need a account.
- Visual Studio 2019 (or above, the community version will suffice) or any compatible editor.
- Navigate to the Github registration page and create an account.
- Create your Personal SSH Key.
- select Settings from the upper right dropdown
- click Developer settings > Developer settings > Personal access tokens > Generate New Token
- select No Expiration as the Expiration type
- Make sure that read:packages option is selected
- Click the Generate token button
- Make sure to copy your personal access token now. You won’t be able to see it again!
4. From the ribon select Properties from the Git dropdown.
5. Click Package Sources from under Nuget Package Manager.
6. Create a new Source and give it a name and the Source https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json .
The first time you will use this source Visual studio will ask your github username and password, the password is the token generated in the previous section.
Procesio has created and published the Ringhel.Procesio.Action.Core package to assist you with the creation of custom actions. In order for you to use it you will need to follow these steps:
- Add the folder where you placed nuget.exe to your PATH environment variable to use the CLI tool from anywhere
- Click the Windows button
- Type Edit the System Environment Variables and select the program displayed
- Click Environment Variables
- In the System variables select Path and click New and add the path to the nugget.exe fille
- Add the PROCESIO Nuget source from the command line by running the following the command from command line (in admin mode to be sure it will be processed), for the password you will need to use the token created at step 2 in the Connect to your GitHub account guide.
nuget sources add -Name procesio-development -Source https://nuget.pkg.github.com/PROCESIO/index.json -UserName [your Github user name] -Password [your Github API Key]