Get File List
The action lists file names within a folder, from the FTP/SFTP server. Displays files name, path, type and size.
For our example we used Rebex.
Step 1: Go to the Credentials Manager section and click Add New.
Step 2: Give your credential a Name* and Description (optional) and click Next step.
Step 3: Configure the FTP / sFTP connection as needed:
- Port number* - the port number used by the server.
- Protocol type - the protocol used depending on the encryption.
- Directory path - the entry point of the server.
- Authentication method - here you have the option to use a basic username and password authentication or a user key authentication.
Step 4: Click Test connection and if successful click Save.
Step 1: From the Process Designer section select Create new.
Step 2: Give you process a name.
Step 3: Drag the action Get File List on the canvas and link the action inside you process.
Step 4: Create the <%ftpinfo%> JSon variable of type list.
Step 5: Click the Get File List action to access its configurations.
- Node name* - gives you the option to change the actions name.
- Select ftp server* - here we will select the connection created in the previous section.
- Folder path - allows you to select the path to the folder you wish to check.
- Is it recursive? - we have the ability to choose True or False.
- File type* - choose the type of files that should be retrieved.
- Output* - here we will add the variable created at Step 4.
Step 6: Save, Validate and Run the process.
Step 7: Click Check Instance.
Step 8: Here you have the ability to check the data saved in our variable by clicking it, or to download the data in the form of a JSon file.