This action transform a DateTime to String, using a custom format specification.
Inputs & Outputs
- [ I ] Datetime: DateTime to be transformed.
- [ I ] Language: Language to be used for month names and days of the week when formatting.
- Drop-down with multiple languages.
- [ I ] Format: String representing the wanted format.
- [O] Formatted datetime: String representing the formatted date.
- Drag action onto the canvas to get familiarized with it.
- Declare some variables to be used with the action.
- Assign the newly created variables.
- Save & Run the process and then Check Instance to see the output.
- Formatting DateTime values into a more human readable format.
- Translating month names or days of the week from one language to another using the Parse DateTime and Format DateTime actions together.
- The Format field uses standard .NET format specifiers which are documented here.
- The Language selector picks which language should be used when the wanted format contains :
- Month names: June (UK) 🆚 Iunie (RO) 🆚 Juin (FR)
- Days of the week: Monday (UK) 🆚 Luni (RO) 🆚 Lundi (FR)
Updated 05 Apr 2023
Did this page help you?