PROCESIO integrates Inbound Email action with your email server configurations. This means that once you configure the Inbound Email server to use (check Working with Credentials Manager), you can start configuring the Inbound Email action in any process.
Use this action to filter your received emails as needed, by:
- to, bcc, cc
- deliveredAfter (retrieves emails that were received after a certain date)
- deliveredBefore (retrieves emails that were received before a certain date)
- deliveredOn (retrieves emails that were received on a certain date)
You can also apply filters only for unread emails or those with attachments.
Note: For POP3, the unread filter will have no impact, because there is a limitation of the POP3 protocol.
- Multiple filters are allowed and every filter should be added on a new row
- After each filter name, you can add a colon (:) or just white space
- The names of the filters can be written in upper or lower case
Example: FROM/from/From are valid filters;
- The date format for deliveredAfter/deliveredBefore/deliveredOn is: YY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YY
- If no filter is provided, all the emails will be retrieved.
subject My subject
The filter will retrieve all the emails that were received after August 2, 2022, from "email@example.com" and where the subject contains "My subject". You can add only a part of the email address: name234.
configure the Email server to use (check Working with Credentials Manager), you can start configuring the Send Email action in any flow.
Go to the Process Designers section and open a new or an existing process. Actions configuration can be performed once they are dragged and dropped on canvas.
Step 1: Drag the Inbound Email action from Toolbar and drop it on canvas; click on the action to open the Properties Panel.
Step 2: You can edit the Action Name.
Step 3: Select the SMTP Inbound server configuration in the properties panel. The Inbound Email server configuration may be created upfront in Credentials Manager or you can create one by pressing 'Create credential'.
If the desired email server configuration is not created upfront, you have a shortcut in the selector to proceed to the Credentials Manager page.
Step 4: Add your filters (see Filter Rules above) to the editor. You can apply filters only to unread emails or to those that have attachments by checking the corresponding box/es.
Step 5: Create a process variable that will store the retrieved email information.
Use the data type InboundEmailInformationwhen creating this output variable, and mark it as a list.
This configuration will retrieve my unread emails, received from JIRA on 08-11-2022, and will store the data in the resultedEmails process variable.