The action Move file, enables you to move a file from one folder to another, or from one FTP server to another.
For our example we used Rebex.
Step 1: Go to the Credentials Manager section and click Add New.
Step 2: Give your credential a Name* and Description (optional) and click Next step.
Step 3: Configure the FTP / sFTP connection as needed:
- Port number* - the port number used by the server.
- Protocol type - the protocol used depending on the encryption.
- Directory path - the entry point of the server.
- Authentication method - here you have the option to use a basic username and password authentication or a user key authentication.
Step 4: Click Test connection and if successful click Save.
Step 1: From the Process Designer section select Create new.
Step 2: Give you process a name.
Step 3: Drag the action Move File on the canvas and link the action inside you process.
Step 4: Create the <%result%> Boolean variable of type output.
Step 5: Click the Move File action to access its configurations.
- Node name* - gives you the option to change the actions name.
- From FTP server* - here we will select the connection created in the previous section.
- From Folder - folder path to the file.
- File name - the name of the file that will be moved.
- To FTP server* - here we will select the connection to the server we wish to move the file to.
- To Folder - new folder path to the file.
- Result* - here we will add the variable created at Step 4.
Step 6: Save, Validate and Run the process.
Step 7: Click Check Instance.