SenseTask OCR integration + notifications
SenseTask uses AI and OCR (optical character recognition) to automate data entry from paper-based documents.
In this use case we'll show you how to use data from SenseTask using webhooks in a workflow that sends notifications.
- Procesio account
- SenseTask account
- Smartbill account (optional)
Step 1: In your Procesio account navigate to Automation.
Step 2: Select Webhooks and click Create Webhook.
Step 3: Give your webhook a name and copy the link from Webhook url*.
Step 4: Open a new tab and navigate to your Sensetask account.
Step 5: Click the Settings widget located in the upper right corner.
Step 6: Expand the Developers dropdown and select Webhooks.
Step 7: Click Create new webhook and in the popup enter:
- Description - give it a description/name.
- Endpoint URL - paste the Webhook Url saved in Step 3.
- Select events to listen to - choose the option that best suits what you need.
Step 8: Click Create.
Step 9: Switch back to Procesio and click Start listening (this will listen by default for a maximum of 5 minutes).
Step 10: Drag the invoice in the SenseTask Files section (for this demo we used an invoice created with Smartbill) and click Start uploading and processing. After the file is processed click Review all from the upper right corner.
Step 11: Navigate back to Procesio to see the result received by the webhook.
Step 12: Click Save.
Step 1: In your Procesio account navigate to the Process Designer section and click Create new.
Step 2: Give your process a name.
Step 3: Click the Webhooks widget located in the upper right corner.
Step 4: Add the configurations and click Save:
- Select Webhook* - select the webhook we created in the previous section.
- Add one or more rule to allow decide if you want to allow the webhook to run the process. In our example I just checked if a certain node is not empty.
Step 5: Create the variables we will use in our process:
- SenseTaskNotification - was created by the webhook and it contains the data we receive from SenseTask.
- dateRegistered - is a DateTime variable.
- Month - is a integer variable.
Step 5: Drag the following processes on the canvas and configure them.
Step 6: The Today action.
We will use the <%dateRegistered%> variable to store the current date.
Step 7: The Get Month action.
We will use the value of the <%dateRegistered%> variable to get the month the webhook data was received and store it in the <%Month%> variable.
Step 8: The Send Email action.
Select the SMTP server credential that will be used click the Send Email button.
We will add the <%Month%> variable in the subject to help the recipient group them by month and in the body we will use the insert key to add the the <%SensTskNotification%> to add the data inside the email in text form.
The email will be sent to the email address you specified in the To* input text area.
Step 9: Save and Validate the process.
Step 10: Add another bill to your SenseTask account.
Step 11: Check your email account.