Use these actions to extract a substring from the beginning/middle/end of a specified string.
Step 1. Create a process and give it a name.
Step 2. Drag the String Left/Mid/Right action to the canvas and link it to the other actions.
Step 3. Create the variables needed for the configuration of the action, and then add them to the configuration panel:
- Input string: you need to input the string variable
- Number of characters: you need to input an integer variable, containing the number of the characters to return from the left side of the string
- Result: the output contains the returned substring from the beginning of the specified string
- Input string: you need to input a string variable that contains the value from where the extraction will be performed
- Index starting at: you need to input an integer (index number) where the replacement will start from. The first character in a string has the index 0 and starts from the left
- Extract length: input an integer of the length of the segment to extract (Ex: if you have a text with 10 characters and you input a length of 11 or more, it will return all the text from the starting index)
- Result: the extracted string output
- Input string: you need to input a string variable that contains the value from which the right portion will be returned
- Number of characters: you need to input a integer variable that contains the number of the characters to return from the right side of the string
- Result: the output contains the returned substring from the end of the specified string
Step 4. Save, Validate and Run the process.
Step 5. You will be prompted to add the string for the input variable. Click Run.
Step 6. To verify the process click Check instance.
Step 7. In the Output section, you can see the results: