After creating a process you will have the ability to use the drag and drop functionality to add on your canvas actions from the Platform actions section.
The Strings folder contains actions that can be used while working with strings:
1. String TrimStart - The white spaces are removed from a string, at the beginning of the string
2. String TrimEnd - The white spaces are removed from a string, at the end of the string
3. String Trim - The white spaces are removed from a string, at the beginning and at the end of the string
4. String ToUpper - Returns a copy of a string converted to uppercase
5. String ToLower - Returns a copy of a string converted to lowercase.
6. String StartsWith - Verify if a string starts with a specified string
7. String Split - Returns a list of strings that contains the substrings in this instance that are delimited by element of a specified string
8. String NullOrEmpty - Indicates whether the specified string is null or empty
9. String Join - Concatenates the members of a collection, using the specified separator between each member.
10. String IndexOf - Reports the zero-based index of the first occurrence of the specified character in this string.
11. String EndsWith - Verify if a string ends with a specified string.
12. String Contains - Verify if a string contains a substring.
13. String Concat - Concatenates two strings.
14. Substring - Retrieves a substring that starts at a specified character position.
15. RegEx validate - Validate string based on RegEx expression.
16. Search by String Similarity - Search a string in a list of strings by estimating the similarity.
You can create your own custom actions by using these guides. The code used to create the Custom Actions above can be found here.
How to use String Actions
To use any of them inside your process you will need to configure it after adding it to the canvas.
1. Drag the String ToUpper action on the canvas.
2. Link the actions.
3. Create the variables of type string.
4. Add them to the action using the Add variable button.
5. Save, Validate and Run the process.
6. Select Check instances to see the result.