Demo - creating your first process flow💪🏼
Let's create your first workflow in PROCESIO.
Scenario: we will create a flow which can be very useful in any HR Department. Every time a new hire comes in, HR representative shall simply run this process that will send an "Welcome" email. The email template is personalized with new hire's name, email address.
You can take this use case and take it to a new level by adding all standard documentation that your company is normally sending for onboarding. Usually several people must perform manual tasks, to get this documentation sent to the new hire. Now, with one click, everything can be done in seconds.
This will be a basic use case, just to get you familiarized with PROCESIO, but imagine how many processes or tasks you can automate with PROCESIO. In order to use the Procesio platform you will need to login using your credentials on https://procesio.app/.
You will need the following items to complete the suggested process:
- Credentials Manager: Email server configuration for Gmail
- Process Designer: blank canvas where you will build the flow
- Process Variables: allows you to pass dynamic data (new hire's name, email address) every time the process is run
This process flow uses the following actions:
- Start & Stop - by default on canvas
- Send Email
The process flow created will look like this:
Step 1. Create the email server configuration: for this demo we have created a connection to a Gmail server, check our GMail documentation.
- Go to the Credentials Manager section and click on the Add New button. This will take you to the Basic Info step of the configuration. Fill in the inputs like below:
- Click Next step to take you to the last step of the configuration, i.e. Details. See below how the email server configuration for sending out emails from the Gmail account is configured (add your Gmail username & app password):
- Click Test connection to see if you completed the setting correctly. If the test is successful, click Save to save this configuration.
Step 1. Create a new process: Go to the Process Designer section and click on Create New button. This will take you to the canvas where you will build the flow.
Step 2. Creating the process variables: as mentioned at the beginning, we want to automate this process and make it pass dynamic data for every new hire. Thus, we need to create some process variables within our process flow, which will act as data placeholders while designing the flow. At runtime, they will take new values.
Go to Process Variables (x) in the top bar to start creating the variables needed for this process. Click Add Variable. You need to define 2 variables as follows:
Step 3. Drag Send email action on canvas and connect it to Start and Stop. Click on it to open the Properties Panel to configure the action settings:
- You can change the action name from "Send email" into "Welcome employee".
- Select the email server configuration created in step 1.
- Click Send Email (not configured). This will open the configuration panel:
- From: fill in any display name you want your receivers to see in Inbox.
- To: add the <%newemployeeemailaddress%> process variable.
To open the variables selector in Body and add process variables to your message: press Insert key (for Windows) or Shift + Tab (for MacOS).
- Subject: Welcome to PROCESIO, <%newemployeename%> process variable.
- Body: type your message or add a HTML email body. We added a HTML email template, you can add process variables here too.
- Body is HTML: mark yes, if applicable.
- Save changes.
Step 4. Save the process; you will receive a confirmation message.
Step 5. Validate the process; you will receive a confirmation message.
Step 6. Once the process is validated you can press the Run button.
Step 7. A dialog will pop-up every time you run the process requiring values for the inputs defined at the process level as follows:
- Once you give values to the inputs, click Run. You will be notified when the process completes.
- Click on Check instances to see the status:
- In Instance Details you can see that the process completed successfully, and also the input and output values for this instance.
Check your inbox to see how the values filled in as inputs for the process are now populating dynamically the subject, email address and email template:
Congrats! You have just created your first process flow in PROCESIO!
If you encountered any issues while creating this first process flow, please let us know as we are all growing together.