SMTP Server Credential
Most email accounts have two servers: one that lets you send emails to other people, and another that lets you receive the emails that other people send you. The server that lets you send mail is called an outgoing (or SMTP). The server that lets you receive mail is called an incoming (IMAP or POP).
- Server Name/IP: fill in the outgoing mail server, i.e. mail.example.com (replacing example.com with your actual domain name)
- Port number: fill in the outgoing server port number
- Encryption: select None, TLS or Auto
- Username: enter your username
- Password: enter the associated password
- From: optional; some configurations require the email address that will be displayed to users as the Sender
- Test Connection: once all mandatory fields have values, you can test the configuration.
- Save the configuration.