Use this action to Copy and paste a cell range from source to destination:
- within the same workbook.
- workbook to other workbook.
Step 1. Create a process and give it a name.
Step 2. Drag the Copy Paste action to the canvas and link it to the other actions.
Step 3. Create the variables needed for the configuration of the action, and then add them to the configuration panel:
- Source workbook: you need to input the file with the workbook where to copy from
- Source sheet: you need to input a string with the sheet name where to copy from
- Destination workbook: you need to input the file with the workbook where the cell will be copied
- Destination sheet: you need to input a string with the sheet name where the cell will be copied
- Range: you need to input a string with the range of cells to copy and paste ([col][row]:[col][row] format (Excel style))
- Keep selector: Dropdown with All/Style/Values/Formulas options. Using Keep, the user will choose which characteristics to keep when pasting.
- Paste starting from: you need to input a string with the cell where pasting should start from in the destination sheet.
- represents the cell where pasting should begin (range shape is maintained)
Notes: This version does not support style transfer when copy-pasting to a different file. (so source and destination should be the same workbook)
Step 4. Save, Validate and Run the process.
Step 5. You will be prompted to add the file for our input variables. Click Run.
Step 6. To verify the process click Check instance.
Step 7. Download the Destination file with the .xls content as defined in the action.